6 min AMRAP, alternating rounds with a partner
20 DU or SU
10 Band Pull-aparts
8 Moving Planks (4 to the left then 4 to the right)
Lax Ball worked around the edge of the scaps – 1 min/side
PVC Around the World – 15/direction
10 PVC Pass-throughs
10 Reverse PVC Pass-throughs (starting behind the back with a reversed grip)
15 Scap Push-ups
Review of the Bench Press.
– Lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor. If your feet don’t reach the floor, use plates or a box to make contact.
– Grab the barbell with a grip just outside of your shoulders, wrapping thumbs around the bar.
– Hold the barbell at arm’s length above your body, keeping your back flat on the bench at all times.
– Slowly lower the barbell to the middle of your chest. In the bottom position the forearms should be perpendicular to the floor. Pause briefly, then press the barbell back up until your arms fully lockout.
– During the movement, keep your elbows tight to your body as you would in a push up and do not let your elbows flare out
Focus on find tension by keeping the shoulder blades retracted and lats engaged throughout the entire lift.
Under a 20 min running clock
Build to a 1RM Bench Press
Take your time starting with a light load and building in weight across sets as your reps decrease. Be sure to allow for plenty of rest between sets as you start to go for singles.
As weight gets heavier, please use a spotter!
**If bench press is a newer movement to you and it won’t take long to build to your max, spend some time with an unloaded bar making sure you are fully engaged and using your entire body to perform the lift before adding any weight.
11 min AMRAP
18 Box Jump Overs
20 Russian KB Swings
40 Double Unders
P – 24”/20”, 32kg/24kg
L – 24”/20”, 24kg/16kg, 120 Single Unders
F – 20”/16”, 16kg/12kg, 80 Single Unders
Level 1: 4 Strict Pull-ups, 2 Strict Pull-ups, 2 Strict Pull-ups
Level 2: 16 Strict Pull-ups, 6 Strict Pull-ups, 2 Strict Pull-ups
Rest up to 2 min between sets