Get your mobility flow on.
Two options each week to increase your flexibility, mobility and strength building.
Mobility x Yoga by Altered Flows is functional flexibility and mobility programming that has been curated specifically for crossfitters and weightlifters. We will be running through programs that cycle each month covering on the basics. Each program will be geared to help improve a specific skillset directly related to crossfit/olympic weightlifting.
Overhead to Handstands
Things you can expect from this next session:
- Shoulder mobility assessment
- Proper goal setting
- Exercises to warm up, strengthen, stabilize, recover and stretch – and how to incorporate these into your current schedule
- Prep, practice, playing, pushing, and bailing with handstands – using drills at the wall, on the floor, with a box, etc to become more proficient with handstand work.
Whether you want to get better at handstands or not, this inversion practice is great for any overhead movements. At the end of this you’ll find more consistency with handstands as well as have a better understanding on how to have a consistent shoulder mobility routine.
- Friday, May 7th at 6:30pm
- Friday, May 14th at 6:30pm
- Friday, June 11th at 6:30pm
- Friday, June 18th at 6:30pm
Fees: $50 for the 4-week session, or $15 drop in per session
Contact [email protected] to sign up.
- Every week on Sunday at 9:30 AM
- This class is included with unlimited memberships and also allows drop ins.
About Our Instructor: Alexa Joyal
Alexa has always been a lover of all things fitness, especially anything involving weights, cardio and an all-out-effort. When she found that practicing yoga actually improved her physical and mental toughness as well as greatly diminished the risk of injury she knew she had to find a way to teach others to do the same. She is passionate about making yoga accessible to not-so-average yogis by using lingo that her students can understand simply and also allowing them to see their bodies react positively to a little extra TLC. Entering her class, you know you’ll leave feeling energized, motivated, and a little lighter than you started. Alexa formally completed her Corepower Yoga Sculpt certification in Boston and teaches both Sculpt Power Yoga at Drive Custom Fit in Salem, NH.
Ready to Get Started??
Schedule an introductory session and give us the chance to tell you how we can help you get started on the path to health, fitness, community, and happiness 🙂