Barbells for Boobs 2020
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are showing our support!
We will be having a Barbells for Boobs event on October 31st at the gym to benefit the Barbells for Boobs mission from 1-4pm!
Proven Performance Center Coach, mother, wife and all around inspiration, Katie Michaud was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year. Through her fight, in good times and in bad, the nonprofit organization Barbells for Boobs (and so many other family and friends) stood by Katie and her family, and were a constant resource that greatly helped them in their time of need.
We are helping to raise funds to support their mission so that they can continue to do the good work that they do and help the next family who needs them!
A message from Matt:
“As you probably know, Katie was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year. Through her fight, in good times and in bad, the nonprofit organization Barbells for Boobs (and so many other family and friends) stood by our family and were a constant resource that greatly helped us in our time of need.
I’m hoping to help raise funds to support their mission so that they can continue to the good work that they do and help the next person/family who needs them! Please consider helping me reach my fundraising goal of $1,200!”
What is Barbells for Boobs?
Barbells for Boobs is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. We are providing support and education to incorporate physical activity as the foundation for breast cancer risk reduction, treatment, and survivorship. We are improving the quality of life and outcomes in individuals impacted by breast cancer.
For More Info: www.barbellsforboobs.org
What better way to support an organization like this than with a physical challenge?! Grab your PINK costume and gear and help us pink the gym.
We will be running heats of Grace (30 Clean and Jerks) in four different categories. There will be up to 8 individuals in each heat.
- Heavy – 185lb / 135lb
- RX – 135lb / 95lb
- Speed – 25% of body weight (honor system)
- Partner Grace – split up 230lbs however you want between two individuals that alternate until reaching 15 reps total per person
We will also have a kids competition with prizes!
There are TWO steps to register:
- Register here to reserve a space.
- Donate $50 on the Coach Katie Strong fundraiser page and all money goes directly to Barbells for Boobs!
Additional Opportunities to be awesome:
Create your own page and get your family and friends involved in the fundraising: https://give.
Select “join a team”, register with your information and select “Coach Katie Strong” as your team.
We understand that times are funky and will implement the following policies to ensure safety.
- There will be a limited number of people allowed indoors at the gym at all times.
- We ask that athletes warm up outside, or on the turf in front of the gym.
- Sanitizing spray and wipes will be provided to disinfect EVERY piece of equipment you touch.
- Face coverings/Masks are REQUIRED at all times unless you are actively competing in a heat.
- Athletes will be assigned to a 6ft square to complete the workout.
- Volunteers will disinfect all equipment and boxes between heats.
- Everyone must maintain 6ft of social distancing with anyone who is not in their household.
Questions? [email protected]